COURT IS OPEN
The Fort Lupton Municipal Court is open and taking appropriate measures to ensure the health and well-being of all. Please be patient.
As we strive to keep everyone healthy and safe, the Court Orders as follows:
- The number of people allowed into the Courthouse at one time will be limited to no more than five (5) court attendees.
- Everyone must maintain social distance of at least six (6) feet.
- Everyone appearing will be required to wear a face mask or covering at all times while in the Courthouse.
- Anyone seeking entry to the Courthouse who is experiencing, or appears to be experiencing a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other respiratory illness symptoms, will not be permitted to enter. Anyone who is not permitted entry will be directed to contact the Court by phone and will be provided a new court date.
- Everyone must follow directions from the Municipal Court staff. Anyone refusing to comply will be required to leave the building and may be subject to contempt of court.
Information on appearing for your hearing:
- Use the south entrance (City Hall doors) and check-in with Municipal Court staff. Be prepared to provide staff your current contact information.
- You are required to bring and wear a face mask or covering when inside the building.
- Physical distancing must be maintained.
- Only the defendant (and attorney, if applicable) will be allowed into the building.
- If the court attendee is a minor, one parent or guardian will be allowed entry.
- No family or support will be allowed into the Courthouse, unless stated above.
- No backpacks, large bags, weapons or items that can be used as weapons are allowed in the building. Please make arrangements to store your items prior to attending Court.
TRAFFIC AND PARKING CASES:
If you have a traffic infraction and an early settlement/payment discount offer on your citation, you may accept the offer and avoid appearing. The citation must be paid no later than the day prior to your scheduled court appearance. Payments are accepted online at https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/fortluptonco.
Instructions for Requesting to Plead Guilty/No Contest without Appearance
If you would like to plead guilty to violation without having to appear in Court, please complete the following steps. REQUESTS MUST BE RECEIVED SEVEN (7) DAYS PRIOR TO SCHEDULED APPEARANCE.
- Please email the Court at CFLCourt@fortluptonco.gov. In your email, please clearly state what you are requesting and list your name, date of birth, citation information and contact information (address and telephone number)
- After the request is received, it is reviewed by the Prosecuting Attorney. If the Prosecuting Attorney approves, the Clerks’ Office will email you a Plea by Mail form and an advisement for you to complete and return to the Court. If the Prosecuting Attorney does not approve, the Clerk’s Office will notify you of your required court appearance date by email.
- If you accept the offer, please sign and return the form along with payment.
If you would like to contest your violation, you will need to appear in person on your scheduled arraignment date.
CLASS & ESSAY ORDERS
Online classes are accepted. Class certifications and essays can be submitted to the Court by email at CFLCourt@fortluptonco.gov. It is your responsibility to provide the Court with the documents, not the class provider.
COMMUNITY SERVICE ORDERS
Community Corrections 303.654.8531
WORK CREWS resumed June 6, 2020
INDEPENDENT ASSIGNMENT must contact Community Corrections CSP, Inc. to discuss options.
The Fort Lupton Municipal Court’s goal is to administer equitable, fair and impartial justice. The Municipal Court is a court of record in accordance with the State of Colorado. City ordinances, state statutes, and court rules govern court proceedings.
The Municipal Court has jurisdiction over violations of the Fort Lupton Municipal Code. It handles all types of traffic, minor criminal, code, animal and parking violations. Some violations require an appearance in court, while others may be resolved by simply paying a fine instead of appearing. Many of the traffic and parking violations are payable prior to court, but most criminal, code and animal violations require an appearance in court before the judge.
Court employees are not allowed to give legal advice, but are happy to answer procedural questions. For questions about a citation, court appearance, warrant or other matters, contact the Court Clerk’s office during normal business hours.
If you have questions regarding your driving record or driver’s license, contact the Colorado Division of Motor Vehicle at 303-205-5646 or visit their website.
130 S McKinley Avenue
Fort Lupton, CO 80621
Arraignments are typically the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of every month at 2:30 p.m.